Friday 24 April 2009

Sleepless

OK, so my editing programme and YouTube have both got over their hissy fits of last night and decided to do what they're actually supposed to do. So, as promised yesterday, I shall chuck you a little nugget that's never seen the light of day before. Yes, that's right my friends, it's exclusive, never-before-seen Baldy content. Yes, you're right, I am too good to you.

Today's offering? It's a little short called Sleepless which was the first to be made following my uni days and is based on true events (myself and another friend going to visit my film-making partner in crime Rich in Hamburg only to discover he was homeless for one of the nights we were there*). Obviously, we've changed the true events somewhat to a) make it into a better film and b) protect the innocent.**

So today's feature presentation is the world premiere of Sleepless. Enjoy...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VYjQEDPec0


* And that he'd basically drafted us to help him move house. Although, being a student in a foreign country, all of his worldly goods managed to fit into a small red Fiesta. So we didn't have to do much. Still, that's not the point.

** And by "innocent", I mean "guilty". And by "guilty", I mean my other friend.

7 comments:

Anna Russell said...

Can I be your "mystery brunette" date to the Oscars?

That Baldy Fella said...

As long as you don't mind running from security once they realise I haven't been nominated or even invited...

Pearl said...

Crap. Will have to watch from home...
Pearl

That Baldy Fella said...

That's OK, I'll wait.

*looks around, clears throat, shuffles feet*

Actually, I'll just come back later.

kapgaf said...

Yay, evil nose picking lady is back! But she obviously didn't want to be typecast.

kapgaf said...

But I'm really glad it had sub-titles because I don't speak German. This was Hamburg, wasn't it? Funny how they spell it just like Hanwell. Bloody foreigners.

That Baldy Fella said...

Ha, nicely spotted on all counts! Yes, nose-picker's back and it was indeed Hanwell (and Ealing and Greenford as well). Well, the original inspiration happened in Deutschland but locations have been changed for the film...