As it appears that people are actually reading this little braindump of mine (if I don't get this stuff out, it just whirrs around in there), maybe I should stop assuming that everyone knows everything about me (as not everyone followed the previous blog) and give you some of the basics. Some of these facts may be true, particularly the ones that cast me in a nerdy yet geekish light...
- Hello. I'm Nick.*
- I'm a man. With no hair. And a beard. (OK, that one's a given, especially as that picture on the right tells you that).
- Film is very much my thing (see here, here, here, here and here).
- I'm rarely to be found without a book about my person somewhere.
- Oh, and those things with the pictures of super-powered people smacking each other are pretty spiffing, too.
- I have a reasonable obsession** with watching Cockney songsmiths Chas 'n' Dave play live.
- If curry was a person, I'd probably marry it.
- Same goes for cheese.***
- I'm an easygoing kind of a chap. However, if I did rule the world, it would soon be crushed within an iron grip of fear. Mwuhahahahaha (and so on and so forth).
- A man in a rubber monster suit smashing a cardboard facsimile of Tokyo is an acceptable form of filmic entertainment as far as I'm concerned.
- The following people are great (no discussion on this one):- Douglas Adams, Jim Henson, Spike Milligan, Groucho Marx.
- I'm not quite sure how I used to walk so many places without the music of my portable listening device filling my ears.
- I cannot ride a bike.
- But I can wiggle my ears a little bit.
- Philosophically speaking, I'm of the here and the now. Family and friends are here and now and are what make it worthwhile. I'll worry about the Unproveable After if there's an Unproveable After.
- I like things. But I also like stuff, too.
Actually, you probably could have worked most of that out from just reading my witterings so this may well have been a superfluous diversion****. Still everyone likes a bit of a diversion now and again, don't they? I thought so.
* Definitely true.
** No restraining orders yet
*** Mind you, I'm not a polygamist so maybe I'd have to marry curry with unresolved yearnings for cheese. Or maybe marry a saag paneer to have the best of both worlds. Mmmm, saag paneer...
**** Superfluous Diversion being the popular German electronic-based synth-style band from the 80s who were the precursor to Kraftwerk
P.S. This post is post number 69. Pfft, snicker, snigger. 69...