Wednesday 6 January 2010

Nothing To See Here

In front of him, the blank page lay
"Fill me up with stuff", it seemed to say
But inspiration today was lacking
Even though of late he'd not been slacking
To stick to writing a daily post
But today it seems not even a ghost
Of a hint of a glimpse of a sign
Of a topic that would across his mind
Blaze a shining trail so clear and bright,
To prevent him sitting and staring tonight
At the still blank page, so sadly clear
And tragically bereft of a single idea
So instead you're getting a simple rhyme
And an apology for wasting your time

(I have no idea why my mind resorts to rhyming when it has nothing else to say. Too much Spike Milligan and Lewis Carroll as a youth, I suspect...)

4 comments:

Diane said...

It's a lot better than what I wrote. And that would be nada.

That Baldy Fella said...

Well, only in terms of word count....

MJenks said...

Better than what I've gotten accomplished on the current WIP this week, though I've done a lot of reading up on Greek funerary practices.

Cue the dirge singers...now!

That Baldy Fella said...

And who can resist a good dirge singer?