Friday 1 January 2010

Another Year Over And A New One Just Begun...

Despite having said that I would avoid the whole "end of year/decade" list style thing, I've had a gauntlet thrown in my general direction by fellow blogger cerebus660 to come up with three things which define the past ten years. Well, not being one to ignore a thrown gauntlet, I shall do my best to comply with his wishes. Here goes with the three key things that spring immediately to mind:-

1.) Making a feature film

Yes, I've drivelled on abut this ad infinitum (copies are still available from
www.trickshot-films.co.uk for a very reasonable £5) but it's a big thing for me and my mate Rich. Ever since we were but mere school children, knocking about in the sixth form common room, we had an urge to get out there and make films. So, with occasional interruptions by the demands of real life, we got out there and made films, having hit upon the realisation that we could sit around and talk about it or get out there and do it. If nothing else, I can look back and say, "We did it our way" In a slightly Frank Sinatra style. If Frank Sinatra was a bald man from South East London, that is.

2.) Living on my own

I'd never done it before up until 2004. I'd always lived with family or flatmates so this was another big deal, really. And I loved it. OK, you could say that I cheated in that, while I did live in a flat by myself, I had one close friend living next door and another living in the flat three floors below. But still, it counts as living by yourself, even if it was more like having flatmates that you didn't have to live with.

And, lastly and most importantly...

3.) Gorgeous Girlfriend


'Nuff said, really. (Yes, nauseating, isn't it?)

Tradition dictates that you tag several someone elses in order to carry this on but I can't really be bothered so you've all had a lucky escape.

Happy New Year to all. Here's to a splendid 2010.

3 comments:

Jessi said...

Awwww, you two are adorable ;)

SO happy 2009 is over. It kinda sucked sweaty balls for me. Hoping 2010 kicks some ass... :)

Simon B said...

Nicely done, mate! And thanks for the mention...

And I agree with J-Diggety: 2010 just HAS to be better than the last crappy year!

That Baldy Fella said...

J-Diggs - Sorry it was a crappy year for you - yep, here's hoping 2010's a better one for you!

cerebus660 - My pleasure! Here's hoping your year's muchly improved too!