Thursday 28 January 2010

Look Around You

Right, come on, brain, you know how this works. Take everyday minutiae of day-to-day life, mix in overly wordy writing style, add self-deprecating comments and publish. Work with me here, give me something.

No? OK, then let's see if I can jumpstart this thing. Look around, look around. What's nearby? Plastic bag containing detritus of lunch (mildly unpleasant but strangely filling chicken and bacon pasta, packet of roast ox flavour crisps*, empty Coke bottle). Nope, not much in the way of inspiration there.

OK, what else is in the immediate environs? Two mobile phones** sitting in their little foam sofa-shaped mobile phone holders - the black phone on the white sofa and the silver phone on the black sofa. And not the other way round. That's just the way it is. Don't switch them. If you switch them , I'll just have to...switch them back. You've gotta have a system.

Well, nothing there, really. Keep looking, keep looking... Work colleagues? No, I don't think the world is ready to have the full horror that is my employed cohorts unleashed upon it. Best leave them be, cages unrattled.

Telly? Nah, everyone's got a telly and it's not showing much worth talking about at the moment. The sounds down but it appears to be two men digging a field followed by a selection of vox pops with old dears sporting purple rinses. That'll be the local news then. Someone'll be indignant about something, no doubt some business plan for an area previously untouched by business-style planning. I know, with that level of insight, I could be a journalist.

Well, I guess, yet again, that I don't really have anything to say. Maybe I shouldn't post a blog today...



* I don't eat a lot of roast ox - surprising, I know, given the many similarities between my good self and Henry VIII - and I'm betting that the makers of these crisps are banking on their consumers being unfamiliar enough with the flavour of roast ox to get away with basically renaming beef crisps something a bit more fancy sounding.

** Nope, I'm not so popular that I need to two phones to cope with demand. One of them only rings when people want me to do work-related stuff. It's like a regular phone but less fun.


5 comments:

Tish said...

You have a lot of nothing to say.

Steam Me Up, Kid said...

Yep, I know this drill. "Lampshade...tissue...power adapter...wait, back up...lampshade. Lampshades are funny, because, well, do you want light or not? Make up your mind? LOL! No. Keep looking..."

Word ver: winesse. A female wino! Must blog this immediately...

That Baldy Fella said...

Tish - Without all the nothing, there would really be nothing here...

Steamy - Winesse. Makes it sound proud like a lioness. But, you know, one thats stinks of wee.

Vic said...

When I run dry I just spy on the neighbors. Do you have a pair of binoculars? Even if they catch you spying you can play it off okay, as long as you aren't naked.

You aren't naked, are you?

That Baldy Fella said...

It helps me to focus my concentration. And I like to feel the breeze in my hair.