Tuesday 12 June 2018

Your Starter For Ten

OK, having told you yesterday that I don’t write about work, I’m going to slightly break my rules and tell you about a social addition that I perform at my workplace. For you see, in addition to being [CENSORED] at [COMPANY IDENTITY UNKNOWN], I have another role. One that I have conferred upon myself, true, but one that has grown in popularity over the last few years. Yes, on a Friday, I am not just [JOB WITHHELD], I am also… the Quizmaster!

For a couple of years, I have been sending round a quiz every Friday (membership is now up to about 40 people every week) - a simple Google form with a themed quiz for the team to complete. There is no prize, merely the knowledge of knowing that you are superior to your colleagues and, if you resort to Googling the answers given that it’s an email quiz, you are only cheating yourself (and cheats never prosper*). I really enjoy doing it - sometimes they might be picture rounds, sometimes sound clips and sometimes just good, old-fashioned questions. There’s something satisfying about the rounds that I manage to judge right in terms of a balance of trickier and easier questions - make it too easy and people get bored, make it too hard and people stop playing.

So, in honour of my secondary role as office quizmaster, here is a simple true or false quiz for you to digest. Answers at the bottom of the post…

That Baldy Quiz

  1. I started losing my hair at the age of 21.
  2. Raw tomatoes are my favourite food.
  3. I nearly got arrested by an armed response van whilst crammed into a Ford Fiesta with five other people and holding an illegal replica gun.
  4. My middle name is Beverly, a family tradition.
  5. I once had a conversation with a Bulgarian policeman about the history of the Ottoman Empire at 6 am standing next to a man covered in fake blood.
  6. If feasible, I would live in a house with twenty cats
  7. I went to school with Benedict Cumberbatch
  8. My middle name is Hilary, a family tradition.
  9. This is the last question.




That Baldy Answers

  1. True - saved a fortune on haircuts.
  2. False - they are the devil’s fruit and must be stopped.
  3. True - as mentioned here.
  4. False - not telling you what it really is
  5. True - remind to tell you about that.
  6. True - standing up for the crazy cat man
  7. False - but one of my school mates looked a bit like Ian Beale off Eastenders
  8. False - still not telling you.
  9. True - I’m getting bored of this now. Now check your scores. If you got less than 2 right, you’re no longer allowed to read this blog. Go on, off you go. The rest of you can stay, though.



* Except in elections, eh, kids? Eh? Eh? SATIRES.

No comments: