Tuesday 25 February 2020

Words And Words And Words And Words

Alright, you need to do this, come on, time to write. Eurgh, I need to do some writing but I don’t want to do some actual writing. Writing is hard. I mean it’s easy when you compare it to, I don’t know, lion taming but it’s still hard. I hate it but I need to have done it.

Just start. Put something down. Anything, just get going. OK, we’re moving now. Hey, that sentence was pretty good. That one was good too. I think I’m on a roll. I can do this. I can really do this.

That sentence was clunky. I’m not sure about it but I need something to connect to the next bit. Just leave it. You can come back to it. (You know you won’t come back to it, it’ll just stay there like a wordy turd but if you stop now, you’ll never finish.)

Hmm, I thought I knew what the next bit was that I was connecting to but now that I’m actually trying to write it, I have no idea what it is. (And I keep thinking about that clunky connecting sentence but I can't see a way around it.) Think, think, think. You had it when you were walking around earlier listening to music. It was really good. It flowed. No, that’s not it. Argh, that’s not even close. Oh, just leave that bit too, if you stop now, you’ll never keep going.

Alright, I’m distracted now that I can’t work out what that bit was. No, don’t get distracted. Maybe I’ll just have a quick on Twitter though, a little break to freshen up the grey cells. No, don’t check Twitter, don’t check Twitter, don’t check… ha, that is a funny cat! Hmph, that is an infuriating political opinion. Ooh, I didn't know that about a thing that I thought I knew a lot about.

Enough, enough, back to writing. Ah, I’ve lost the momentum now. What was I even saying? What was the whole point of this thing? Useless, worthless waste of space. Why did you even start writing this in the first place? It doesn’t go anywhere.

Just start typing again. Not good, A bit better. Pretty good. Nope, lost it again, that was rubbish but keep going. Ah, OK, that bit was alright. 

Need to wrap this up. An ending, an ending. I don’t have one. Write a bit more, maybe it’ll just end itself. No, still not quite finished. Ah, that’ll do, I’ve run out of steam, momentum, interest, anything to say. 

Quick spell check (hmm, I really don't like reading all this back). That’ll do. Alright, now publish and completely forget about the whole thing.

And that is basically all you need to do to write a blog post. Easy.





No comments: