Thursday 3 May 2018

Super Smash Bros The Movie

So I went to the cinema the other day (I know, I shouldn't brag but there you go). I’ve discovered a new cinema that I really like. It’s the Genesis over in Whitechapel and it’s one of those ones where you get either an armchair or a double sofa, footrest and little table. The best part? If you go on a weekday, it’s only a tenner. Bobby bargain! There’s something immensely satisfying about sitting in the cinema with your legs stretched out and a bit of space around you. I am an tall man so that has been off-putting in terms of going to the cinema - the thought of spending a couple of hours (or more) with my knees wedged up in front of me while I’m conscious not to jostle the people either side for arm space does not make the cinema a desirable experience for me. This one is right up my alley. "So, what did I go to see?", I hear you ask. Alright, bloody hell, hold your horses, I’m getting to that. Just giving you a bit of scene-setting. I went to see:-

Super Hero Smash Punch Up Explode-A-Thon Pt 1
Avengers: Infinity War

I’m conscious that this one is still relatively fresh to the cinema and I’m alos conscious that people nowadays are worried about spoilers so I’ll be careful to censor anything too explicit. So, Avengers: Infinity war which opens with [REDACTED] before moving on to [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], really ups its game when [REDACTED] happens. It’s not until [REDACTED], however, that you really [REDACTED], culminating in [REDACTED], [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] with a large slice of watermelon. Really didn’t see that coming.

Ha ha, jokes are funny things!

It’s not a film that’s going to break any new ground and it’s not a film that’s going to draw in new viewers to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. If you’ve been watching since the start, though, this is the beginning of the payoff to ten years and eighteen films worth of build up and it is relentless, action-packed, quite funny in places and satisfying in a nerdy, fanboy sort of a way. If you’re into Marvel’s films, you’ll want to watch this one. If you’re not, well, this isn’t the one that’s going to convert you (I recommend either of the Guardians Of The Galaxy, Thor Ragnarok or Black Panther for that).

Just gotta wait a year now to see how it all plays out….



No comments: