Saturday 25 July 2009

It Lives...

The air is filled with the fizzing and crackling of electricity. Beakers bubble and tubes burble as the driven man goes about his diabolically fiendish work. Interocitors are set to transmit, atomic batteries to power and turbines to speed. His eyes wild with a manic gleam, he sets the final electrodes to the blog-shaped object and throws The Switch. Sparks shower and smoke billows as the BlogThing rises to its dreadful mockery of life...

"It's alive! It's aaaaaliiiive!"

All of which is to say that you would be forgiven for thinking that this blog had died something of an ignoble death over the last month, spluttering and coughing its way to an early and unreported grave. Reports of its death, however, have been greatly exaggerated, although, if it were a beloved family pet, you may want to have the vet on standby just in case.

Yes, you will get blog posts from time to time over the next month or so but it will be a shambling zombie-like half-life of a blog until things get a little quieter. You know, the sort of blog that slowly shuffles up behind you moaning, "Braaiiinnns! Braaaiiiiiinnnns!.

Expect a full comic-book style "yes, it did appear that I plunged to my certain death but I miraculously escaped and won't bore you with the tedious details as to how" type of blog resurrection at an unspecified point in the future.


5 comments:

Tash said...

I am never convinced that "burble" is an actual word. But I think that about every word that's in the Jabberwocky.

Pearl said...

Well. I'm waiting.
Pearl

My word verification is "rentsuet", and when you think of it, that really IS the way to go.

Steam Me Up, Kid said...

NO! You too, Baldy?? First Anna, now you. I'm going dormant too I think.

kapgaf said...

Hey, I'm not going to complain : just got back from my hols and only one blog post to read in order to be fully caught up. If only other bloggers would be so considerate!

That Baldy Fella said...

TishTash - Next you'll be telling that "brillig", "slithey" and "outgrabe" aren't proper words either...

Pearl - I'm thinking. Yes, it is as painful as it sounds.

SMUK - Maybe bloggers hibernate in summer. We're like anti-bears.

kapgaf - Well, I do try to please my audience. But then I give up and post blogs instead.