Thursday 7 January 2021

Hiatus

(For the benefit of the five of you that regularly look at this anyway…)

This has been a place to exercise the old grey matter and force it into putting something down on the page - the mental equivalent of a Joe Wicks workout, I guess (Lockdown 1 callback for you there). I had a good run of almost daily updating for a while there but, in the last few months, getting posts out has been a little like squeezing accountability from a Tory Prime Minister (SATIRE).

That isn’t to say that I haven’t been engaged mentally - I took part in and completed NaNoWriMo as I mentioned on here before and, as I haven’t mentioned on here before, I now seem to be trying my hand at being a stand up comedian (when I write it down like that, it still seems a little bit insane). I’m sure I’ll update on that in due course but it’s all a bit new at the moment.

You would think that, given that I mostly talk about stuff I’ve watched / read on here and I’m watching / reading more than I ever have, it would be boom time for this here blog thingy. For some reason, it doesn’t seem to be working like that, though. Posting is feeling like a slog so time to take a break.

So, instead of this just sort of fizzling and fading into the background, I’ll put a little full stop on it for now and come back with a fresh paragraph another time. Could be in a day, could be in six years judging by previous breaks in service. Who knows? Anyway, that’ll do for the minute and I’ll leave you with my new sign off below...




No comments: