Monday 23 September 2019

Monty Python At 50 - Whither Python? / Monty Python Explodes

As part of this whole celebration of things Python-y, the show itself was naturally screening. In fact, it was screened in 6 sessions over a whole weekend. Given that the time commitment for that is something in the region of 22 and a half hours (and I wanted to go to the Doctor Who event on the Saturday), I decided against sitting and watching the whole thing. Look, that’s a lot of time to sit in the BFI watching sketches and given that I may well have seen some of them more than once (certainly the second series which was the first one I had on glorious VHS and came clsoe to wearing thin thin along with the Young Ones, Red Dwarf and Blackadder), I feel like it’s OK to skip the actual show for now (I do plan to come back to it later) and get on with the rest of the stuff.

In the interim, here’s a photo-style blog (oooh, pictures) detailing Monty Python Explodes - the mini exhibition of pictures and paperwork that the BFI pulled out to accompany the season.





















No comments: