Monday 29 December 2008

I Call It Tired-Orr, The Destroyer Of Blogs

There is a beast, lurking and poised ready to strike in the back of the mind of anyone who feels themselves compelled to write. It's name is Tiredness and, today, it has me dead to rights in its sights...

You see, being fascinating, intelligent and devastatingly witty* isn't something that just slides off the brain, down through the arms, into the fingers and then out into the digital wonderland of the wide worldy interwebs via the intermediary of the keyboard at the drop of a hat, you know. It takes cogitating, deliberating, contemplating and whatever other synonyms you can be bothered to look up on Dictionary.com in order to come up with a blog which meets the quality levels to which you become all accustomasized, like. Sadly, the muse is not with me today** so you'll just have to make do with this instead. And all because I'm too stubborn to skip a day and come up with something twice as good tomorrow. I said you shall have a blog a day and a blog a day you shall have!

To paraphrase Johnny Depp in the film Ed Wood:- "Worst blog you've ever seen, you say? Well, my next one will be better! Hello? Hello?"



* Yes, it is awfully presumptuous of me to assume that I'm any of those things but I'm going to go with it, anyway

** Neither in the sense of inspiration or the sci-fi tinged rock band

No comments: